Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Craft

I was in The Cross yesterday and saw these newpaper ornaments hanging from a large branch overhead.  I thought, I bet I could make that...so seeing as though all my Christmas shopping is done, I did.



You need newspaper, spray adhesive, thin cardboard (an old box), and glitter.



Spray the cardstock with the adhesive and lay the newspaper down on it on both sides.



Print off stencils of the shape you want (easily found on google images).  Cut them out.



Trace your shape onto the newspaper cardstock then cut out the shape



Spray the cut out shape with the adhesive once again and then sprinkle on the glitter.



Poke a small hole in the top of the ornament and thread a ribbon, string or rafia through it. I think it looks best hanging from rafia (kinda a country look) but I didn't have any in the house...oh well.  And voila! 

No comments:

Post a Comment