Friday, April 2, 2010

The Surf Lodge

I'm about bursting with things to share that I found in my recently loaned Coastal Living magazines.

I'll start with one of my favourite finds...The Surf Lodge in Montauk, New York.

The designer, Robert McKinley, is a man after my own heart. 
Check out his place:

  I LOVE IT.
The vintage surf photos, the patterned pillows, the white walls, the whicker basket, the tree trunk bench, the retro globe, the puka shell necklaces dangling off the frame, the giant white lantern (not sure what to call it), the ruff rug...i love it all. 
Not to mention the fact that surfboards make a cool accessory (sadly, an accessory is all they would be in my place because there are no waves in vancouver). 

Now for his Surf Lodge hotel:

Coastal Living gave a spread of inspiration from this surf lodge which was also quite awesome

*on a side note, i watched The Endless Summer for the first time last week...not what I expected, it's so old (the narrator called a girl surfer's bikini top a "green chest protector" haha).  it's pretty amusing...kinda like old Warren Miller movies.*

*new favourite colour combination reddy-orange and a that sort of muted turquiose...this jumped off the page! 
That elephant tray is pretty amazing too...i want it badly, it's from Fran's Wicker.  The knobs are from Anthropologie.*   

No comments:

Post a Comment