Monday, May 2, 2011

Soul Surfer

I remember being horrified and later inspired by the story of Bethany Hamilton.  The movie Soul Surfer came out a little while ago depicting her story and how she over came personal tragedy.


I loved this movie for so many reasons!

It goes to show how God uses horrible circumstances for good...just check out Bethany's website and see how so many people are blessed and encouraged by her hope, faith and resilience.  Truly inspiring!

The opening few scenes do an AWESOME job of showing why I love Hawaii SO much and want to live there someday.

The movie also doesn't dwell on the shark attack...it didn't make me afraid of the water, instead, it made me want to get out there and enjoy the ocean.

A lot of it was filmed on Oahu and having just been there, it was fun to pick out all the spots.

And I liked the music.


warning: a bit of a tear jerker! 



Go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment